A circular walk with a combination of farm lanes around Dale Dike reservoir followed by a climb onto Ughill Moor, with open views across the Peak District National Park. The route has well defined paths and tracks, even across Ughill Moor. The descent back to the Strines dam is steep and can be boggy in wet weather.
This walk is sponsored by The Plough, Low Bradfield
- Length 8.0 miles
- Time – 4 hours
- Grade – A short section on roads, then farm tracks and well defined paths. Boggy in places. Steady ascent of 700 ft over 2.5 miles.
- Start – On Mortimer Road, half a mile North of the Strines Inn, Bradfield, Sheffield S6 6JE
- Parking – Park on the road, by the track down to Strines Reservoir. SK 22700 90863
- Public transport – none close to the start point. The nearest bus stop is in Low Bradfield. Go up Fair House Lane, Dale Road and pick up the route at the entrance to Dale Dike Reservoir.
- Refreshments – none on route. Nearest are the Strines Inn, Mortimer Road; The Post Card Café, Plough Inn, Low Bradfield; Old Horns Inn, High Bradfield.
- Public Toilets – Low Bradfield.
- Grid Reference – SK22100 90923
Download the walk information.
Bradfield Walkers are Welcome routes can be found as recommended routes on the OS Maps App for mobile phones , tablets and pc.
Map of the walk route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2023