Description of the Low Bradfield to High Bradfield circular walk.
A circular walk from Low Bradfield up to High Bradfield and back across field with views across the Dark Peak. Starting in Low Bradfield the route goes around the lower parts of the village before it climbs steadily across fields to the village of High Bradfield. After a short exploration of the church yard the route returns down to Low Bradfield by a path on the opposite side of the road to the ascent.
This walk is sponsored by The Plough, Low Bradfield
- Length 1.8 miles
- Time – 1 hour
- Grade – Steady ascent and descent across fields. A short section on roads. The paths are well defined. There are stiles, steps and gates.
- Start – Car park, The Sands, Low Bradfield
- Public transport – Buses 61 and 62 from Hillsborough stop at Fair House Lane / Smithy Bridge Road, Low Bradfield
- Refreshments – Old Horns Inn, High Bradfield; The Postcard Café and The Plough Inn, Low Bradfield.
- Public toilets – Low Bradfield.
- Grid Reference – SK 2626 9204
Download the Low Bradfield to High Bradfield walk information.
Map of the walk route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2021