An inclusive moorland route from Redmires reservoir, accessible to wheelchair users and buggies,following the contour of Hallam Moor, with great views of the moors, the Rivelin Valley, and across Sheffield to the east. The whole route is off-road; the path is 1.70 m wide and is generally flat.
- Length – 2.0 miles (3.2 km) in total (outwards and return)
- Time – 20 minutes each way
- Start – Long Causeway (the extension of Redmires Road), opposite the dam wall of the Redmires Upper Reservoir.
- Grid Reference – SK 260 858
- Parking – Parking at the side of Long Causeway, by the side of the road either before or after the route entrance.
- Public transport – the route is not accessible by public transport.The nearest bus stop (route 51 terminus at Lodge Moor) is 2 miles from the start of the route. There is no pavement along much of Redmires Road or Long Causeway.
- Refreshments – The Three Merry Lads pub (610 Redmires Road, S10 4LJ Tel: 0114 230 2824) is wheelchair accessible. It is 1.2 miles (2 km) away and has a car park.
- Accessible public toilets – The Three Merry Lads has an accessible toilet, with ample space for a wheelchair user plus assistant.
- Seating – There are nine benches spread along the length of the route: three do not have backs.
Download the route information.
Bradfield Walkers are Welcome routes can be found as recommended routes on the OS Maps App for mobile phones , tablets and pc.
Map of the route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2023