A walk above and along the Loxley Valley on the western edge of Sheffield. The route takes in open countryside, passes through small villages and returns along the valley past with the derelict works that were originally established in the valley to make use of water power.
This walk is sponsored by Bradfield Brewery
- Length 6.0 miles
- Time – 3 hours
- Grade – Woodland and fields with a few sections on roads. Short ascents. The paths are well defined.
- Start – Loxley Road, Hanson Road, near the Admiral Rodney Inn.
- Parking – On Loxley Road.
- Public transport – Buses 31/A/B and 61 and 62 from Hillsborough stop at Loxley Road, Hanson Road
- Refreshments – Admiral Rodney Inn, Loxley Road; Royal Hotel, Dungworth; Our Cow Molly ice cream, Dungworth. Cafés at Langlands Garden Centre and Loxley Nursery.
- Public Toilets – None on route.
- Grid Reference – SK 3054 8993
Download the walk instructions and gpx data.
Map of the Loxley valley walk
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2021