A circular walk starting by the A57 the route climbs onto Derwent edge giving views across the Dark Peak section of the Peak District National Park. From Back Tor the route drops down to Mortimer Road. After a short road section the path drops down in front of the Strines reservoir before climbing past Boot’s Tower and Sugworth Hall. The route then goes along the road for a short section before crossing the moor to the starting point.
This walk is sponsored by The Strines Inn.
- Length 9.0 miles
- Time – 4.5 hours
- Grade – A long walk with steady ascents. Stiles and gates. A section on quiet roads. The paths are mostly well defined but can be boggy in wet weather.
- Start – Lay by on A57, 1 mile east of the junction with the A6013. SK 216 874
- Alternative start – Mortimer Road, 0.5 miles north of the Strines Inn. SK 227 908
- Public transport – check with Travel South Yorkshire as services are subject to change.
- Refreshments – None on the route
- Public Toilets – none on the route
Download the route information and gpx data.
Bradfield Walkers are Welcome routes can be found as recommended routes on the OS Maps App for mobile phones , tablets and pc.
Map of the walk route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2023