A relatively flat anti-clockwise route around the three Redmires Reservoirs which takes in views across both moors and the water. Redmires Reservoirs are located below Hallam Moors to the west of Sheffield in the Peak District National Park.
- Length – 2.5 miles (4 km)
- Grade – A mixture of roads, surfaced tracks and unsurfaced paths. The route is mainly fairly level, but the terrain can be uneven and wet. In inclement weather, parts can be very muddy.
- Start – Long Causeway (the extension of Redmires Road), adjacent to the Redmires Plantation car park.
- Grid Reference – SK 256 856
- Parking – Redmires Plantation car park (S10 4QZ) or by the side of the road either before or after the car park.
- Public transport – the route is not accessible by public transport.The nearest bus stop (route 51 terminus at Lodge Moor) is 2 miles from the start. There is no pavement along much of Redmires Road or Long Causeway.
- Refreshments – The Three Merry Lads is 1.2 miles (2 km) away. The Sportsman is a further 0.1 miles along the same road.
- Public Toilets – none on the route
Download the route information and gpx data.
Map of the route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2021