Description of the Dungworth and Damflask walk
The Dungworth and Damflask walk starts in Low Bradfield and climbs to Fox Holes and then along the valley, affording excellent views across to High Bradfield. The route then drops through woodland before climbing across fields to the village of Dungworth. From Dungworth the route drops down to the river at Stacey Bank before returning to Low Bradfield by the side of Damflask reservoir.
- Length 5.5 miles
- Time – 3 hours
- Grade – Steady ascents. Stiles and gates. A section on quiet roads. The paths are mostly well defined.
- Start – The Sands, Low Bradfield.
- Parking – Car park, The Sands, Low Bradfield.
- Public transport – 61 and 62 bus from Hillsborough stops at Fair House Lane / Smithy Bridge Road, Low Bradfield .
- Refreshments – Postcard Café, Plough Inn, Low Bradfield; The Royal Hotel, Dungworth; Nag’s Head Inn, Damflask; Our Cow Molly Ice Cream, Hill Top Farm, Dungworth.
- Public Toilets – Low Bradfield.
- Grid Reference – SK 2626 9204
Download the Dungworth and Damflask walk information.
Map of the walk route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the walks on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2021