This walk combines visits to several troughs and a village pump in Low and High Bradfield with a pleasant walk up through open fields with stunning views of the upper Loxley valley
- Length – 2.0 miles
- Grade – Well marked paths, some stiles, steady ascents. Parts can be muddy and slippy
- Start – Corner of the cricket field opposite Smithy Garage.
- Parking on road beside the cricket field or in the Sands car park.
- Grid Reference – SK 262 920Maps – OL1 Dark Peak
- Parking – Car Park (free)
- Public transport – Buses (service 61 and 62 Hillsborough) stop outside the Post office on Woodfall Lane.
- Public Toilets – above the village hall in Low Bradfield
Download the route information and gpx data.
Bradfield Walkers are Welcome routes can be found as recommended routes on the OS Maps App for mobile phones , tablets and pc.
Map of the route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2023