Commencing in the Rivelin Valley, we progress along some quiet roads before a steep drop into the Loxley Valley. A riverside stroll is followed by a strenuous climb to Storrs, a drop and another climb to Underbank Chapel, all with extensive views. Another climb takes us into Stannington before a descent to the Rivelin Valley and a riverside walk to our start point.
- Length – 7 miles (11.2 km)
- Grade – a mix of roads, fields, woods and riverside sections. Included are strenuous climbs and descents.
- Start – Rivelin Valley Road car park
- Grid Reference – SK 324 888
- Parking – Rivelin Valley Road car park. This has a height limit of 1.8 m (5’ 10”). Travelling from Malin Bridge, the car park is signed off Rivelin Valley Road. However, the sign is mostly obscured by a tree.
- Public transport – the Blue Supertram route from Sheffield terminates at Malin Bridge. The 81 and 82 bus routes pass close to the start point and also travel to Stannington (16).
- Refreshments – Anvil, Crown and Glove, Hollybush, Rivelin Hotel, public houses, Rivelin Valley Park Café
- Public Toilets – adjacent to Rivelin Valley Park Café
Download the route information and gpx data.
Bradfield Walkers are Welcome routes can be found as recommended routes on the OS Maps App for mobile phones , tablets and pc.
Map of the route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2023