This walk visits a numerous diverse set of troughs in the old part of Stannington, taking in a route which also goes past two unusual burial grounds.
- Length – 2.3 miles
- Grade – Well marked paths, some stiles, steady ascents. Parts can be muddy and slippy.
- Start – Upper Gate Road near Stannington library.
- Grid Reference SK 302 886
- Maps – OL1 Dark Peak
- Parking – Upper Gate Road near the library
- Public transport – Bus service number 81 stops near the library
- Public Toilets – none on the route. Park on Upper Gate Road near the library.
Download the route information and gpx data.
Map of the route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2021