A short circular walk along the Rivelin valley, west of Sheffield. The route takes the riverside path, before ascending to views over the Rivelin Valley and returning via an ancient route, Coppice Wood, and a bridleway.
- Length – 2.6 miles (4.2 km)
- Grade – A mixture of roads, surfaced tracks and unsurfaced paths. When walking near the river, watch out for tree roots. Most of the route is fairly level, but the terrain can be uneven and wet. There are a couple of steady climbs. In inclement weather, parts can be very muddy.
- Start – Rails Road car park
- Grid Reference – SK 291 872
- Parking – Rails Road car park
- Public transport – the 257 bus route from Central Sheffield passes along the A57 close to the start point.
- Refreshments – The Rivelin Hotel
- Public Toilets – none on the route
Download the route information and gpx data.
Bradfield Walkers are Welcome routes can be found as recommended routes on the OS Maps App for mobile phones , tablets and pc.
Map of the route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2023