A circular walk along the hill west from Stannington with excellent views across the Rivelin valley. The route then crosses over the hill and returns on the other side of the hill with views across the Loxley valley.
This walk is sponsored by The Schoolrooms gift and art shop in Low Bradfield
- Length 5 miles
- Time – 2 hours
- Grade – A medium length walk with only a small amount of ascending. The route goes along farm tracks and fields. Uneven ground and stiles. Clear paths and well signed.
- Start – Christ Church, Church Street, Stannington
- Grid Reference – SK 302 884
- Public transport – SL2 from Malin Bridge, 61 and 62 from Hillsborough, 81and 82 From Sheffield.
- Refreshments – Crown and Glove, Stannington, Schoolrooms cafe, Low Bradfield
- Public Toilets – none on the route
Map of the walk route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Bradfield Walkers are Welcome 2023